Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm ALIVE!!!

Hey everyone,

I finally have the chance to update you on Salt! I apologize for this being so overdue!
The main update is that I have a new full time position as a Craft Designer at Hobby Lobby Corporate in Oklahoma City. This is by far, the most amazing job I've ever had!! I get paid to make adorable things all day with the sweetest people! I love everyone I work with and am so proud to work for such an honorable company.
That being said, Salt is not over. All of my dear supporters since the day Salt was conceived in November 2007 at Eden Salon, in addition to all of my closest friends and relatives, know that I have been working towards opening my own boutique for years now. There have been many obstacles and many things I've overcome and I feel like my very own brick and mortar will come to me only when I am completely ready and the timing is perfect. I don't know anyone that has done as much or more research than I have in starting my own business but pen and paper and continuous networking aren't all it takes. 
I think this design opportunity came to me at the perfect time. 
I still have my Salt booth at Plaza Java Marketplace on NW 16th and Blackwelder in OKC and am continuing to support other artists and my own handmade crafts. My Happy Place Design handmade goods are now available at datapanicdistro.com!!!
I have scaled back tremendously on Salt as to focus on my personal and professional life but all is not forgotten. 
When the love of my life and myself are old and gray with grandchildren, maybe that's when we'll open a store together. Or maybe we'll open the store when we're early in our marriage so our children can enjoy it. All I can really know is that my heart will always ache to own my very own boutique, but now is not the time. I'm very lucky to be at this place in my life and I don't regret a thing.
I want to thank all of you for being so understanding and for your continued support.
I will be selling my handmade goods and artwork by Matt Cipov [Matty8080] at the LIVE on the Plaza event this Friday in front of Plaza Java. 
I hope to see you there!!!
-Kelli

1 comment:

Stela said...

OMG! Congrats on your new job!!! That sounds like so much fun!!