Friday, April 25, 2008

Look, Like, Make, List, Inspire, Buy, Sell, Trade Handmade

I'm finally back in the mode of making clothes again. Getting a fashion design degree and working in the wholesale/design biz for about 7 years made me frown at the thought of patternmaking and spec sheets and more so made me want to explore other avenues like graphic design and illustration and give my rowdy plastic Kenmore sewing machine a break for a few years. Ever since a friend gave me a vintage Singer sewing machine a few months ago I've been inspired all over again. I feel that fresh urgency to create just like I did before I sold my soul to the mass market/industry devil. This movement for making things at home from pastries to pillows to wedding dresses, has reminded me where I started at and how far I've come. I'm ready to make apparel again and etsy is a huge inspiration. I went to the women's apparel category and I knew there was no turning back. My sketchbook is already filling with new illustrations for screenprinting and new silhouettes for draping. Here are some of the amazingly talented DIY designers that have been inspiring me:



hierapparel


hierapparel


srbdesigns



srbdesigns



roselabiche



pinkroses1220



imyourpresent



JustVic

Don't forget to click on the image to check out each designer's etsy shop!!!



No comments: