Monday, March 31, 2008

This Past Week's Shows

Just an update on last week's shows that I attended:

Expression - Hip Hop Event @ Lit in Bricktown, OKC on Saturday, March 22nd
Dance Robots Dance @ Opolis in Norman on Thursday, March 27th
Creative Craft Show @ Cleveland County Fairgrounds in Norman on Saturday, March 29th

I didn't know what to expect at any of the three events, all of which are extremely different from each other. I loved the music at the hip hop show. Any chance to hear old school hip hop while setting up my booth, is a good night in my book. I don't think the attendees really knew what I was all about but a few people were really feeling the vintage dresses I was showing. A huge thanks to Ronnie Harris for getting me connected with selling at the event!

The Opolis dance party was one of the best times I've had in awhile.
I loved that it was an all ages, non-smoking event. My products weren't all smokey after I packed things up at the end of the night. It seemed like everyone was having a great time, not caring what anyone else thought. I love being around those types of people. I definitely plan to make it to another DRD dance party at Opolis soon!
A big thank you to Dylan and B. from DRD for allowing me to set up shop at their weekly event. I had a blast!

The Creative Craft show was quite a bit different than I expected.
There were several commercial booths selling items completely unrelated to the "Creative Craft" concept. I met some great people though from the Oklahoma City Etsy Street Team - The Disciples of Etsy and the Tulsa Craft Mafia. Events like the craft show, though sometimes unsuccessful, are great networking events. I don't regret going by any means.

Thank you to everyone that made it out to those events!
I hope to see everyone again at future events.
Next up in Oklahoma City... the Plaza District Opening Night/Walk on Friday, April 11th, the Punk Rock Garage Sale on Saturday, April 12th, and our Critter Art Show(those fun little plushy creature things!) Artist Reception and Workshop on Sunday, April 13th.
Take care,
:: Kel

No comments: