Thursday, March 27, 2008

80's Graphics

Now that I'm back into sewing and designing for myself (versus for the "man", of course), I can't keep my eyes of the geometric prints I see everywhere. When I'm at a thrift store, it's the first thing I walk towards, whether it be rainbow triangles on a coffee mug, or a full print neon windsuit. I get so inspired by all the colors, shapes, and placement. The last couple of times I've been to market in Vegas, there has been an overwhelming response to the 80's trend. It's always nice to be around the creative energy at market. I've been putting all of this inspiration into my plush brooch collection for Happy Place Design. I'm getting into some fun t-shirt design projects, too. I can't wait to see where all of this energy leads to! I hope you keep checking back to see what new projects I'm working on. Here are some pieces that both inspire me, and totally crack me up!
(Click on the image to head to the source.)


design by dhectwenty


design by F.A.C.E.S.




design by Boxfresh



design by Raphael Garnier for Sixpack


Gotta love muscle tees...(?)
available at urbanoutfitters.com


design by Akroe for Sixpack


I love the eighties colorway take on a basic crew neck sweater!
design by KidRobot



design by Durkl


design by KidRobot


designs by Kilo

Believe it or not, designs like these led me to my first brooch collection by Happy Place Design:



I think I'll keep posting my design inspiration. I like the ideas it gave me once I typed everything out and am able to look at it over and over again.
I have a goal of 100 pieces to take to the Creative Craft Show this Saturday in Norman, Oklahoma and I'm at 73 pieces (including my painted plaques, vintage earring magnets, mini fruit magnets, plushies, brooches, and pillows).
Wish me luck!
Take care and have a great weekend!
:: Kel

No comments: